A shelter (as for sleeping,
eating or storage) often
mounted on wheels or
tracks and towed by a
tractor or mounted on a
raft or a boat.
Wanigans are constructed, from cedar, in the same way as are the Mersey River canoes
- Cedar sides reinforced with cedar strips on the outside.
- Cedar lid reinforced with cedar strips on the inside.
- Steamed white cedar ribs.
- Cedar planking, tacked with brass tacks.
- Hardwood frames secured with brass screws
- Rope handles.
- Wanigans are finished with 3 coats of spar varnish on the outside and two coats on the inside.
Maintain the wanigan with a coat of floor wax, to the exterior, at the end of each journey.
Liverpool .... home to fine arts, craftsman and good living.
Liverpool for inexpensive retirement or
semi retirement living